My campaign team met more than once in order to brainstorm ideas and suggestions and we came up with the following proposals:
- The construction of Gharb residential roads meets professional standards, and that there will be no further excuses that such roads do not fall under the Council’s jurisdiction.
- Road pavements will be of a better design and quality.
- the collection system of bulky refuse and domestic garbage and waste is improved.
- Gharb will be a role model village for other towns in
and Gozo; together we will pave the way in rural and sustainable development and alternative energy sources through our contacts with experts on Green jobs and renewables. Malta
- The Gharb Council will truly represent and address any issue on behalf of its residents; once elected, I shall be in the forefront, as always, to suggest and to provide constructive criticism when dealing with Authorities such as the Gozo Ministry, other Ministries, MEPA, Transport Authority, and will make sure that residents’ needs are given due attention.
- The democratic process is transparent and participatory.
- A Citizens’ Advice Bureau is set up in order to freely support those persons who seek advice in areas where they feel that their rights and obligations are trampled upon, or when they feel lost in the maze of beauracracy and complex legal procedures.
- Immediate action will be taken to repair the Wied il-Mielah drainage system; it is no longer acceptable that the first drop of rain creates a polluted raw sewage outflow in the valley and the sea.
- Farmers and townfolk need and will obtain better footpaths and easier access to reach their fields.
- Professional support will be offered to field owners interested in introducing organic farming.
- An efficient rain water management system will be installed to avoid water wastage and street flooding; this could be supplied to those residents who need such resource.
- Niche tourism such as eco, agro, gastronomy and cultural projects, will be initiated in Gharb and these will provide added income for our locals and an added value to tourists and tour operators.
- The rich historical heritage, religious and social traditions of Gharb will be highlighted in activities and tourist attractions.
- Full support will be given to the social, sport, music, arts and cultural activities held by our town organizations as well as mobilizing all available resources.
- Our young people will have exchange opportunities abroad to other EU towns and cities.
- Strong investment in Information Technology.
- All senior citizens including non Maltese residents, will be given the opportunity to take part in events customised for them.
- Our Council continues to create educational opportunities for our young and adults alike by providing courses and vocational training within the framework of lifelong learning.
- There is co-operation and co-ordination with the Educational Authorities so that the school in Gharb will truly become a Community Learning Centre for everyone including non Maltese residents.